Jeff Bezos the founder of Amazon is the richest man in the world. He is a big source of inspiration that dreams come true if you are hardworking. Jeff on 5th July 1994 registered his company in Washington, USA. His launching the business was a random and impulsive decision.
Here, I am sharing some facts about Amazon and what technologies it uses.
- 5 Facts To Know About Amazon
- 5 Technologies
5 Facts To Know About Amazon
1. Do you know what was the real name of Amazon?
The company was originally known as “Cadabra”.
2. Do you know when was Amazon journey started?
It sold its first book in 1995 from Jeff Bezos garage.
3. Do you know how many countries Amazon operates in?
It operates in 15 global marketplaces which include:
1. The United States of America
5. United Kingdom
10. The Netherlands
15. The United Arab Emirates
4. Do you know the total fulfillment centers?
It has 21 fulfillment centers around the globe and has more than 9 million square feet of warehouse space.
5. Do you know what’s the office environment?
It operates in a pet-friendly environment. Here, employees can take their pets along with them to the office.
1. Virtual Dash Button Service
- This is a specific service for Amazon Prime users. It was initiated in March 2015 where most of the users did not understand it. For this, the company issued a statement to clarify that it’s a real device.
- Dash Button is basically a service to quickly reorder your favorite products from amazon. Each button corresponds to a household necessity with the brand name.
- In 2019, Amazon stopped its physical devices to give more focus on the Dash Button.
- Dash buttons are used by customers to view product details and place single click options.
- By using VDBS, device makers are able to leverage Amazon’s authentication and payment systems.
- Here, customers get access to Amazon’s low prices and reliable delivery with a tap button.
2. Amazon Fresh
- Going to a grocery store can be an ordeal nowadays. So, Amazon created a grocery delivery platform like many other grocery delivery options.
- Both free trial and paid members of Amazon Prime and Amazon Prime Student are eligible to shop Amazon Fresh.
- Amazon Fresh allows users of certain geographic markets to place grocery orders.
- It was a service launched in 2007 in the Seattle suburbs. It started expansion in 2013 and delivers in over 15 metropolitan areas.
- According to it, all 2-hour delivery threshold orders will incur a delivery fee. On orders above $35 before tax will receive free 2-hour delivery. Some regions can have a higher 2-hour delivery threshold.
3. Prime Air
- Amazon developed a service to use drones to safely deliver packages to customers in 30 minutes or less. This is known as Prime Air.
- On 7 December 2016, the first Prime Air delivery was made in the Cambridge area of England.
- Here, customers can choose from a selection of thousands of items available on Amazon Prime Air.
- Here is how it works, moments after receiving the order an electric drone makes its way down an automated track. It then rises in the sky with customers’ packages on board.
- These drones are autonomous, from takeoff to landing they operate completely on their own.
- Drones fly just below 400 feet and carry packages up to 5 pounds and guided by GPS.
4. Fire TV
- Amazon Fire TV is like a digital media player developed by Amazon.
- It delivers digital audio and video content which is present on the internet on an HD TV.
- It also allows users to play video games with the included remote control or any other game controller.
- The first version of the Fire Tv Stick was introduced on April 2, 2014.
- In March 2016, Amazon started asking TV companies to include Fire OS built-in; known as Fire TV Edition.
- It was basically a response by Amazon to its competitors like Apple TV and Google Android’s Roku.
5. Fire Phone
- Fire Phone, a concept introduced by Amazon to develop a 3D Smartphone manufactured by Foxconn.
- As Kindle Fire was a huge success it was then announced on June 18, 2014.
- The device runs on Fire OS operating system, like the Kindle Fire e-reader.
- The phone was very much capable of downloading and running an app designed for Google Android.
- Xray feature on the phone was used to identify and find information about media.
- You can check out its specifications anytime.
This was all for this article. If you enjoyed the article then please do visit our other articles.
3 thoughts on “Amazon – 5 Facts and Technologies You Should Know”